This is a general view of Cathay Building, located at Handy Road, which started operations in 1939. It housed Singapore’s first air-conditioned cinema, apartments, a restaurant and a hotel. It closed in 2000 for re-development. It is now known as 'The Cathay'. Cathay Building was gazetted as a national monument on 10 February 2003. Donated by Chung Shui Ken and displayed at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. HRS3_638. Title devised by Library staff.
This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2008. The original work © Chung Shui Ken.