This 1994 photograph shows a shophouse, dated 1903, and located at Kampong Kapor Road corner (backing Rowell Road towards Jalan Besar). The shophouse has French windows on the upper floor and plaster mouldings on its façade, rising up into the roof area. Kampong Kapor Road was named because kapor, Malay for lime, was made in the area. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.