This is a 1992 photograph depicting houses 40 and 42 at Club Street. The road mentioned is near South Bridge Road. Club Street was named after the Weekly Entertainment Club, founded in 1891 and it was the only Straits Chinese proprietary club. The street was known for its clubs and trade guilds. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.