Skip to Main Content

Prince's Tiffin Room, 1910s : general view


Reproduction Available:

This 1910s photograph shows the first Ocean Building at Collyer Quay with Prince Street on the right. This end of the building bears signboards for Prince's Tiffin Room, Restaurant Francis, and M. Sultan Shah, a money changer. Prince's Tiffin Room made its debut in 1910. The mandatory arcaded ‘five foot way’ for pedestrians runs along the building. Title devised by Library staff. Date of creation estimated. Information contributed by Richard Hale.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore