This is a 1990 photograph showing a side view of a double-storey shophouse between a synagogue and the corner of Middle Road, at Waterloo Street. Previously known as Church Street, Waterloo Street had its name changed by the Municipal Council in 1858 to commemorate the Battle of Waterloo. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.