This 1995 photograph shows the exterior of the former Tanglin Barracks, at Holland Road. Built by Colonel George Chancellor Collyer for European troops in 1861, the Tanglin Barracks stands on a site that was formerly a nutmeg plantation. This site has now been redeveloped into today's Tanglin Village, a cluster of businesses that focuses on lifestyle, education services and art interests. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.