This 1967 photograph shows a mansion's interior. Beautiful ornate brackets on the pillars and green glazed bamboo-shaped roof tiling can be seen. Red blinds are lowered to shield the inner corridors from direct sunlight. The mansion is located at the corner of Penang Road and Clemenceau Avenue. It was once home to a wealthy Chaozhou-born businessman Tan Yeok Nee, who built it in 1885. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection.
All Rights Reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board Singapore 2009.