This 1983 photograph shows Temple Street, from South Bridge Road. It shows a view of a street with shophouses on the left, and a high-rise building at the far end. A row of vehicles can be seen parked on either side of the street. Temple Street, officially named in 1908, was originally named Almeida Street. The street name refers to the Sri Mariamman Temple. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.