This is a 1983 photograph of a gate pier. The gate pier probably belongs to Spring Grove. An enamelled glass lamp sits atop the gate pier. There are trees beyond the wire fencing, which enclose the gate pier. Spring Grove is a two-storey pre-1868 Victorian bungalow located at Grange Road. The bungalow belonged to Hoo Ah Kay (Whampoa) in 1845 and Hans Becker of Behn Meyer & Company in 1906. Spring Grove was later integrated into a condominium development. The Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.