This 1982 photograph shows the exit from the old Capitol Cinema on North Bridge Road, towards Stamford Road. Previously known as Capitol Theatre, dated 1930, it was Shaw Organisation's flagship cinema. In 1984, it was earmarked for urban redevelopment and relaunched as Capitol Building (formerly Shaw Building) in 1992. It screened its last movie on 29 December 1998. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.