A 1995 photograph showing the dual carriageway at Upper Bukit Timah Road, and a partial view of vacant land (south to the Bukit Timah Fire Station) next to this road. Named after the Bukit Timah hill, Bukit Timah Road was completed in 1845 with access to Kranji. It is the longest road that runs from north to south of Singapore. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.