This is a photograph of St James Power Station at Keppel Road, near the entrance to the island of Sentosa. In 2005, it was converted into the first multi-concept entertainment hub by local entrepreneur Dennis Foo. It was built by the British between 1924 and 1927, and first served as a coal-fired power station. The building was gazetted as a national monument on 11 November 2009. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Preservation of Monuments Board Singapore 2010