This is a pre-1914 photograph from E. A. Brown's collection. It shows several palm trees at the filter beds on Bukit Timah Road. A Palmyra Palm is seen on the left, while two Traveller’s Palms are on the right. Gravestones in the old Bukit Timah Cemetery on the far side of the road can be seen in the background, in between the tree trunks and over the wall. No date of creation provided. Title devised by Library staff. Information contributed by Richard Hale.
From the Edwin A. Brown Collection. All rights reserved, Celia Mary Ferguson and National Library Board, Singapore 2008