This 1970s photograph shows shophouses, located at Joo Chiat Road (dated 1928). Joo Chiat Road is named after Chew Joo Chiat, who was known as the "King of Katong". Title devised by Library staff.
Date of creation estimated.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.
- Architecture and Landscape>>Streets and Places
- Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Commercial Buildings
- Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Residential Buildings
- Joo Chiat (Singapore)--Photographs
- Streets--Singapore--Joo Chiat--Photographs
- Shophouses--Singapore--Joo Chiat--Photographs