This 1966 photograph shows a rather heavily decorated shophouse, suggesting that it might have been built during the late-style period (1900-1940). It sports full-length French windows on its upper storey, and Western-style decorative features such as Corinthian-style pilasters, traceried transom windows, architraves, swags, among others. The shophouse is located at Desker Road. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All Rights Reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board Singapore 2009.