This is a photograph from E. A. Brown's collection. This was taken during the opening ceremony of King George VI Graving Dock on 14 February 1938. The photograph shows the sliding caisson (gate) of the graving dock with a rope across the gap. In the background are various naval vessels at anchor. Title devised by Library staff. Information contributed by Richard Hale.
From the Edwin A. Brown Collection. All rights reserved, Celia Mary Ferguson and National Library Board, Singapore 2008