This is a photograph depicting a seafront promenade, Queen Elizabeth Walk (Esplanade Park). The Esplanade got its name in 1953 when Elizabeth II became the Queen of England. The paved promenade was a popular spot for families and courting couples who go there to catch the sea breeze and admire the ships in the harbour. In the background is the Anderson Bridge and the General Post Office, fondly called "GPO" by Singaporeans. The GPO is now The Fullerton (hotel). Donated by Ang Tiong Cheng, and displayed at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. HRS3_023. Date of creation estimated. Title devised by Library staff.
This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2008. The original work © Ang Tiong Cheng.