This 1969 photograph shows a late-style (1900-1940) shophouse at Sit Wah Road featuring, on the second storey, full-length French windows topped with architraves, pilasters with Corinthian capitals, and a dentilled cornice. A Chinese-style secondary roof overhangs the first storey of the shophouse. Located in Tiong Bahru, Sit Wah Road is named after building contractor Sit Wah. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All Rights Reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board Singapore 2009.