This 1863 photograph depicts the Dalhousie Obelisk which was then standing at the seaward end of High Street by Dalhousie Pier which can be seen in the foreground. The Dalhousie Obelish was later moved four times, in 1886, 1890, 1910 and 1911, and now stands near the Asian Civilisations Museum at Empress Place. The image was digitized from a Sachtler & Co. album entitled "Views and types of Singapore, 1863". Title information from donor. Caption information contributed by Richard Hale.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.