This is a 1982 photograph depicting shophouse buildings along Balestier Road, at the junction of the side road next to President Cinema. The cinema is no longer found in the present day street directory. Balestier Road was named after Joseph Balestier, the first American Consul in 1834. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.