This is a G.R. Lambert & Co. 1901 photograph of a view taken at the junction of North Canal Road and New Bridge Road overlooking Hong Lim Green and the back of the Police Courts. In the centre of the green is the clubhouse of the Straits Chinese Recreation Club (SCRC), which began activities at the end of 1884. This octagonal pavilion on the green was designed by H.D. Richards. Title from publication. Date of creation estimated.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.