This 1863 photograph shows St. Andrew's Cathedral, while it was still under construction. The Cathedral is located near the Esplanade (now known as the Padang). The building on the left is the Masonic Lodge. The image was digitized from a Sachtler & Co. album entitled "Views and types of Singapore, 1863". (Similar view : Toh, p99). Title information from donor.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.