This 1992 photograph shows the side view of a two-storey Dunearn Road Hostels (DRH), at College Green along Dunearn Road. Covered walkways between buildings can be seen in the photograph. Opened in 1952 to accommodate overseas undergraduates of the then University of Malaya, the oldest hostel ceased operating in 1981. It was renamed as Sheares Hall when it relocated to the National University of Singapore campus at Kent Ridge in 1982. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.