This photograph, taken between 1900 and 1909, is framed with the words "The Haven. Newick Lane Mayfield, Sussex TN20GRA Mayfield 8720 Code 0351" on the front. The two-storey house was named Glencaird, and was built in 1897 for John Fraser. It had a striking three-storey stairhall which rose above the roof as a prospect tower. It was located near Dalvey Road.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.