This 1983 photograph depicts a close up view of the gate pier that leads to Spring Grove. What looks alike an enamelled glass lamp sits on top of the gate pier. Spring Grove is a two-storey pre-1868 Victorian bungalow located at Grange Road. The bungalow belonged to Hoo Ah Kay (Whampoa) in 1845 and Hans Becker of Behn Meyer & Company in 1906. Spring Grove was later integrated into a condominium development. The area is surrounded by trees and greenery. Grange Road can be seen at the side bordered by trees on both sides. A man is seen walking along the road. The Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.