This is a 1982 photograph showing the old Raffles Girls' School at Queen Street, with the view from the playing field. The two-storey building features arched doorways on the ground floor, and windows with half-glass shutters on the upper floor. Founded in 1879, Raffles Girls' School moved to Queen Street in 1928 and was relocated to its Anderson Road premises in 1959. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.