This 1983 photograph shows Temple Street, towards South Bridge Road. It shows a view of a street with shophouses on both sides. A row of vehicles can be seen parked on either side of the street. In the left foreground one can see some street vendors' stalls. Temple Street, officially named in 1908, was originally named Almeida Street. The street name refers to the Sri Mariamman Temple. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.