Skip to Main Content

Elephant statue at Old Parliament House : general view



This 2004 photograph shows a statue of a bronze elephant with white tusks, mounted on a high white pedestal in the middle of a granite walkway. Inscribed on the black marble plaque are the words "His Majesty Somdech Phra Paramindr Maha Chulalonkorn - The Supreme King of Siam landed at Singapore the first foreign land visited by a Siamese monarch on the 16th March, 1871". Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

All Rights Reserved. National Library Board Singapore 2004.

Subjects

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore