This 1890s photograph from G.R. Lambert & Co. shows a view of the Botanic Gardens. Located in the Tanglin district, it was set-up by a revived Agri-Horticultural Society in 1859 and was managed by the Colonial government in 1874. The role of the Gardens then was mostly recreational. Title from inscription, on front of photograph. Date of creation estimated.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.