This photograph shows the Tan Kim Seng fountain at Battery Road with the Whiteaway’s building behind. The fountain was installed in May 1882 and was later moved to the Esplanade in July 1922. It is a rather impressive Victorian era fountain with an elaborate classically-themed central feature, surrounded by steps. Title devised by Library staff. Date of creation estimated. Information contributed by Richard Hale.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.