This 1992 photograph depicts Lavender Street (from opposite Cavan Road towards northwest). Officially named in 1858 by residents of the street, Lavender Street connects the junction of Balestier Road and Serangoon Road to the junction of Kallang Road and Crawford Street. In the 19th century, Lavender Street was a cart track, flanked by Chinese vegetable gardens on its sides. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.