This 1973 photograph shows a side view of the north façade of the Empress Place Building, a historic building located on the north bank of the Singapore River. It was designed by J.F.A. McNair in the neo-Palladian style. Originally known as Government Offices, the building's construction began in 1864 and continued until 1920 with the addition of various sections. Empress Place Building was gazetted as a national monument on 14 February 1992. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.