This 1994 photograph shows Beatty Road, at Lavender Street corner. Low-rise buildings line both sides of Beatty Road. In the distance, blocks of Housing and Development Board flats can be seen. Beatty Road was named after Admiral of the Fleet Earl David Beatty, a commander during World War 1 who became the First Sea Lord in 1916. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.