Odeon Cinema, 1954 : exterior

This photograph shows the exterior of Odeon Cinema, with movie promotional materials such as posters and billboards at the building's lobby area. Odeon Cinema was built by Cathay Organisation and located at the junction of North Bridge Road and Cashin Street in 1953. It was Cathay's most successful box office earner in Singapore before it was demolished in 1984. Its current site is now occupied by Odeon Tower and K. H. Kea Building. Title devised by Library staff

Credit Line

From the Kouo Shang-Wei Collection 郭尚慰珍藏. All rights reserved, Family of Kouo Shang-Wei and National Library Board Singapore 2007

Subjects
  • Arts>>Film
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Commercial Buildings
  • Motion picture theaters--Singapore--Photographs
  • Commercial Buildings--Singapore--Photographs
  • Arts>>Film
  • Arts>>Architecture>>Public and commercial buildings

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore