This photograph from G.R. Lambert & Co., taken between 1890 and 1899, shows a view of Battery Road. The photo studio of G.R. Lambert & Co. can be seen located on the right of the Medical Hall building. Partially seen on the left of this Medical Hall is the Hongkong and Shanghai Bank. On the left foreground stands the Tan Kim Seng fountain, erected by the Municipality. Title from inscription, on front of photograph. Date of creation estimated.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.