This 1992 photograph depicts a double-storey shophouse building at no. 514 Sims Avenue. The building features French windows with louvred timber shutters, semi-circular transform windows, polychromatic ceramic tile panel beneath the windows and decorative pilaster and simple fretwork fascia. Sims Avenue is named after William Arthur Sims JP, of the Commercial Union Assurance Co, Municipal Commissioner and President of the Tanglin Club in 1916. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.