This 1992 photograph depicts houses at no. 457, 459 and 461 Balestier Road, similar to houses at no. 451 - 467 Balestier Road. The double-storey shophouses feature a centre French window with louvred and panelled timber shutters. The road mentioned is named after Joseph Balestier, the first American Consul in 1834. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.