This is a photograph from E. A. Brown's collection, taken between 1935 and 1937. It shows a view of Anson Road at the junction with Enggor Street on the left, looking towards the city. A policeman is standing on the left, near the junction. The Phoenix Aerated Water Company HQ building and factory at 63 Anson Road on the corner of Parsi Road is on the right. The building was used by the Central Provident Fund Board after WWII. Date of creation estimated. Title devised by Library staff. Information contributed by Richard Hale.
From the Edwin A. Brown Collection. All rights reserved, Celia Mary Ferguson and National Library Board, Singapore 2008