This 1986 photograph shows a Jalan Besar shophouse (dated 1930), at Sam Leong Road corner. The three-storey shophouse features French windows with timber louvred shutters on the upper floors, and a pillared five-foot way on the ground floor. "Wong Hiap Guan Coffee Shop" occupies the unit on the ground floor. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.