Skip to Main Content

Empress Place Building, carpark, 1973 : general view [1]


Reproduction Available:

This is a 1973 photograph showing a view of the Empress Place Building, and its carpark. Located on the north bank of the Singapore River, this historic building was designed by J.F.A. McNair in the neo-Palladian style. Originally known as Government Offices, the building's construction began in 1864 and continued until 1920 with the addition of various sections. Empress Place Building was gazetted as a national monument on 14 February 1992. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore