This is a 1983 photograph depicting shophouses along Keong Saik Road, near Jiak Chuan Road corner , towards New Bridge Road. Keong Saik Road was named in 1926 after Tan Keong Saik, a prominent merchant and an educationalist. The road, located in the Chinatown area, was given conservation status on 7 July 1989. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.