This is a pre-1914 photograph from E. A. Brown's collection. It shows a shop on the corner of a two-storey shophouse on Circular Road. The shop makes and sells traditional Chinese lanterns, with lanterns of varying sizes displayed at the shopfront. The building appears to be a few inches lower than the road. No date of creation provided. Title devised by Library staff. Information contributed by Richard Hale.
From the Edwin A. Brown Collection. All rights reserved, Celia Mary Ferguson and National Library Board, Singapore 2008