This 1992 photograph depicts the former Singapore Badminton Hall at Guillemard Road. The badminton hall was built in 1952 and designed by local architect, Ng Keng Siang. It was recognised by the National Heritage Board in 1999 as a historical site, for hosting the Thomas Cup tournaments, as well as other significant historic events. The hall was closed in 2008 and the building is now known as Guillemard Village. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.