This photograph shows the interior of a goldsmith shop in Little India. Gold pieces are displayed in the locked glass cases. Gold jewellery is often worn or presented as gifts by Indian women on important occasions like weddings, birthdays etc. Title devised by Library staff.
All Rights Reserved. National Library Board Singapore 2007.
- Commerce and Industry>>Trade
- Ethnic Communities>>Customs and Traditions
- Jewelry stores--Singapore--Photographs
- Gold jewelry--Singapore--Photographs
- Display of merchandise--Singapore--Photographs
- Business, finance and industry>>Industry>>Services>>Retail and wholesale
- People and communities>>Fashion and grooming>>Clothes and accessories