This is a 1995 photograph showing Bukit Timah Road (from Public Utilities Board Dunearn's Depot, northwards). Houses lining one side of the road are partially hidden by foliage. Named after the Bukit Timah hill, Bukit Timah Road was completed in 1845 with access to Kranji. It is the longest road that runs from north to south of Singapore. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.