"This 1993 photograph shows the old Singapore Turf Club at Dunearn Road. It shows a view of low-rise buildings in the background, and a horse paddock on the right. The Turf Club was founded by Scottish merchant William Henry Macleod Read and began as the Singapore Sporting Club in 1842. The Turf Club moved to its new premises at Kranji in 1999, and was officially opened in 2000. http://infopedia.nl.sg/articles/SIP_136_2004-12-30.html" Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.