Skip to Main Content

Gay World, Mountbatten Road : general view [1]


Reproduction Available:

This 1983 photograph shows Gay World, from Mountbatten Road. Set up in 1936 by George Lee Geok Eng, it was first known as Happy World. It was later renamed to Gay World in 1966. The amusement park was closed on March 31, 2000. It was demolished in 2001. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore