This 1995 photograph shows the exterior of the former Tanglin Barracks, at Holland Road. Built by Colonel George Chancellor Collyer for European troops in 1861, the Tanglin Barracks stands on a site that was formerly a nutmeg plantation. This site has now been redeveloped into today's Tanglin Village, a cluster of businesses that focuses on lifestyle, education services and art interests. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.