This is a photograph of a sculpture of a Buddha, at Haw Par Villa, formerly known as the Tiger Balm Gardens. The gardens were built by the brothers, Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par, in 1937. The statues depicting characters from Chinese folklore and legends, explicitly attempts to illustrate lessons on certain traditional moral values. Photograph donated by Gan Cheng Guat and displayed at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. HRS3_221. Reviewed PSH (CE) 2014-01-21.
This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2008. The original work © Gan Cheng Guat.