This is a photograph of the façade of Chesed El Synagogue at 2, Oxley Rise, showing intricate details of the walls, arched entrances of the porch and windows with decorative features. The star of David is seen in the eave of the pitched roof. The synagogue was designed by Regent Alfred John Bidwell of Swan & Maclaren and completed in 1905. Its name, Chesed El, means "Bounty of God”. The building was gazetted as a national monument on 18 December 1998. Title devised by Library staff.
All Rights Reserved. National Library Board Singapore 2004.